Proper Use of Eye, Ear & Nose Preparations.
1 Always wash hands thoroughly with soap and water.
2 Check the dropper tip for chips or cracks.
3 The dropper must be kept clean at all times. Avoid touching the dropper, either with the hands or on the body part where the drops are to be administered.
4 After using the drops, replace the cap or dropper promptly. Do not rinse or wash the dropper.
5 Wash hands to remove any medicine.
1. While lying down or with head tilted back, pull the lower lid of your eye down and away from the eye to form a pocket.
2. Holding the dropper with the opposite hand, place as close to the eye as possible, without touching it.
3. Brace the remaining fingers of this hand against cheek or nose.
4. Drop prescribed number of drops into pocket made by lower lid and gently close the eye. Do not blink.
(Placing drops on the surface of the eyeball (cornea) may cause stinging).
5. Keep eyes closed for one or two minutes.
Press a finger against the inner corner of eye for one minute. This prevents medication from entering tear duct.
6. Close eye gently and with a tissue, wipe off excess liquid.
1. Hold tube between thumb and forefinger of the opposite hand, place tube near eyelid without touching it.
2. Brace remaining fingers of this hand against your cheek or nose
3. Tilt head back and up.
4. With index finger, pull the lower lid of eye down to form pocket.
5. Squeeze a 1/4 inch strip of ointment into pocket made by lower lid.
6. Close eye gently and keep them closed for 1 or 2 minutes.
7. Wipe off excess ointment from eyelids and lashes with a tissue
1. Lie down or tilt the head with ear facing up.
2. (For adults) Pull the ear lobe up and back.
(For children - Pull ear lobe down and back) This straightens the ear canal.
3. Drop the medicine into the ear canal.
4. Keep the ear facing up for several minutes to allow the medicine to run into the ear canal.
1. Blow nose gently.
2. Draw medicine into dropper.
3. Lie on a flat surface, hang your head over the edge or tilt head back while sitting or standing.
4. Place prescribed number of drops into nostrils.
5. Remain in this position for a few minutes to allow the medicine to spread throughout the nose