· Always read the label carefully.
· Always take your medicine exactly as your doctor tells you to.
· Always inform all of the doctors (if you see more than one) has a list of all of the medicines you're taking
· Ask your pharmacist to help you make a schedule for taking your medicines (if you are taking more than one medicine) so that you know which medicines to take at what times of the day.
· Use one pharmacy for all your prescriptions; the pharmacist can help you keep track of what you're taking.
· Keep a list of the medicines that you take and how often you are to take them.
· Before taking over-the-counter medication always consult with your pharmacist or doctor to ensure that there are no contraindications
· Don't stop taking a medicine or change how much you take or how often you take it without first talking to your doctor.
· Never take someone else's medicine.
· Don't use medicine after its expiration date.
· Don't crush, break or chew tablets or capsules unless your pharmacist or doctor tells you to. Some medicines won't work correctly unless they are swallowed whole.